I have been surprised by some recent conversations with potential clients. And while they were certainly instructive for me, I thought they’d also be instructive for You Out There, you who might be wondering if you need or deserve a financial planner.Read More
I recently read the book Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, by Greg McKeown. To vastly simplify it: time is a finite resource, spend it well. As I read it, I was struck by how this book’s philosophy and recommendations translate darn near exactly into effective financial planning. Read More
I work with women in tech. Yes, I might talk with one woman about how to invest her 401(k) or another about what to do with her stock options. But I find the one topic that comes up with just about every woman I talk to: Read More
- What happens to my stock options after my company goes IPO?
- Do you want to be more politically involved? Being intentional about your finances can help.
- Want to Buy a Home? Don’t Forget Boring Ol’ Maintenance Costs. Welcome to My Journey as a Homeowner.
- Ideas for Improving Your Career if You Ran the Business of “You” Instead of Being an Employee (Video)
- My company doesn’t match my 401(k) contributions (or it’s a very small match). Should I still use my 401(k)?