It can be terrifying to lose a job. Love or hate our job, the majority of us value security, especially when it comes in the economic form. But nothing in life is certain, and while there are fears that exist with the unknown, this disruption has the potential to transform your day job drudgery into a life you love.
Dude. I’m sorry. No bones about it, being laid off sucks and feels rotten. And possibly you feel compelled to do something, anything to improve the situation. But what should you do in the 24 hours immediately after being laid off or fired?Read More
Are you already saving at least 15% for retirement, and you’ve already built your emergency fund up to cover 6 months of basic expenses, and you still have extra money to save? This is a great opportunity for a taxable investment account, also called a brokerage account.
Congratulations! You’ve got a job offer! And not only did you get an offer, but the wooing company promises to give you a big fat check on Day 1 to show you how much they care. Yes, the famed Signing Bonus.Read More
- Retirement is so far away it isn’t real. How can you make sure you’re still saving enough? (Video)
- The Curious Math of Roth 401(k)s: You Can Save More Than If You Use a Pre-Tax 401(k)
- The Not-So-Obvious Benefits of Using a Financial Planner
- Pay Attention to Your Employee Benefits. They Can Be More Important Than Your Salary.
- Why should I hire a professional to manage my money?