Most of us are pretty bad at getting healthy, both physically and financially. In both cases, there are HUGE, MONEY-PRINTING INDUSTRIES that, purportedly, help us achieve physical health and financial health. Me wonders if there’s a connection…Read More
Within two years of graduating college in 1998, I was working as a business analyst in an IT consulting firm and making a higher income than each of my parents: a university math professor and a high-ish-level federal government employee with a Master’s Degree in math. (Yes, I come from numerate stock.)Read More
On my BoltBus trip back to Bellingham from Seattle this last Friday (have I mentioned my great love for mass transit? Well, it’s true, I love mass transit with Great Love), I sat next to a man about my age-ish going to LinuxFest 2017 in Bellingham. Read More
It’s good to have Restricted Stock Units, even if you don’t know exactly how they work. But that lack of understanding can be intimidating and paralyzing, and we end up just floating along, letting the RSUs “happen” to us, instead of making sure we’re getting the most out of them. It’s a metaphor for life, really.Read More
- I have a mountain of cash. I know I should probably be doing something better with it. But what?
- Pay Attention to Your Spending on Amazon
- You Just Received an Inheritance or Other Windfall. NOW What Should You Do?
- I’m 30 (or 25, or 45). How Much Money Should I Have?
- Choose Reasonable Investments by Following 3 Simple Rules