If you find yourself pregnant, congratulations! Now let’s talk finances. (See that suave transition, there?) Following are The Basics of what you need to think about if you’re about to have a kid.
Most of us are pretty bad at getting healthy, both physically and financially. In both cases, there are HUGE, MONEY-PRINTING INDUSTRIES that, purportedly, help us achieve physical health and financial health. Me wonders if there’s a connection…Read More
Within two years of graduating college in 1998, I was working as a business analyst in an IT consulting firm and making a higher income than each of my parents: a university math professor and a high-ish-level federal government employee with a Master’s Degree in math. (Yes, I come from numerate stock.)Read More
On my BoltBus trip back to Bellingham from Seattle this last Friday (have I mentioned my great love for mass transit? Well, it’s true, I love mass transit with Great Love), I sat next to a man about my age-ish going to LinuxFest 2017 in Bellingham. Read More
- Changing your financial behavior is hard. Leverage your community!
- A Tesla won’t scotch your financial prospects. Your recurring expenses will.
- Life and Financial Lessons from Two Years of Flow
- Don’t Be Lucky with Your Money. Be Smart. (Ideally, Both.) (Video)
- Netflix, Doritos, and How You Can’t Willpower Your Way Through Your Finances.