I frequently talk about how important it is for you to build up a professional network. Cultivate an Old Girls’ Club. Spend time and money to improve your career skills and connections. In fact, it’s kind of my “thing.”Read More
You know how I’m always harping on building your network? How you never know when you’re going to need a stock-option specialist, or patent lawyer, or angel investor, or concierge doctor, or 401(k) plan administrator…or mental health professional?
‘Tis the day after Christmas, and although I’m writing this before Christmas, I’ve been through enough Christmases to know how it feels to look around the chaotic living room and wonder “did I really need to buy All This Stuff?” (times 10 if you have children)
Are you early-to-mid-career with bigger career aspirations? Is it cold and dark (and maybe even rainy) where you live, too, and you’re looking for indoors entertainment? Well then, pull up the easy chair, heat up a mug of hot cocoa, and read these two recent books:Read More
I have a full roster of roles in my life as a mother: Keeper of cleanliness, provider of nourishment, principal cheerer-upper, fixer of boo-boos, birthday party planner, and organizer-in-chief. Some of these things I like to do, cooking principally, and others I do because they need to get done. Cleaning – I’m talking to you. Read More
- What happens to my stock options after my company goes IPO?
- Do you want to be more politically involved? Being intentional about your finances can help.
- Want to Buy a Home? Don’t Forget Boring Ol’ Maintenance Costs. Welcome to My Journey as a Homeowner.
- Ideas for Improving Your Career if You Ran the Business of “You” Instead of Being an Employee (Video)
- My company doesn’t match my 401(k) contributions (or it’s a very small match). Should I still use my 401(k)?