You know how I’m always harping on building your network? How you never know when you’re going to need a stock-option specialist, or patent lawyer, or angel investor, or concierge doctor, or 401(k) plan administrator…or mental health professional?
‘Tis the day after Christmas, and although I’m writing this before Christmas, I’ve been through enough Christmases to know how it feels to look around the chaotic living room and wonder “did I really need to buy All This Stuff?” (times 10 if you have children)
Are you early-to-mid-career with bigger career aspirations? Is it cold and dark (and maybe even rainy) where you live, too, and you’re looking for indoors entertainment? Well then, pull up the easy chair, heat up a mug of hot cocoa, and read these two recent books:Read More
I have a full roster of roles in my life as a mother: Keeper of cleanliness, provider of nourishment, principal cheerer-upper, fixer of boo-boos, birthday party planner, and organizer-in-chief. Some of these things I like to do, cooking principally, and others I do because they need to get done. Cleaning – I’m talking to you. Read More
- Retirement is so far away it isn’t real. How can you make sure you’re still saving enough? (Video)
- The Curious Math of Roth 401(k)s: You Can Save More Than If You Use a Pre-Tax 401(k)
- The Not-So-Obvious Benefits of Using a Financial Planner
- Pay Attention to Your Employee Benefits. They Can Be More Important Than Your Salary.
- Why should I hire a professional to manage my money?