Within two years of graduating college in 1998, I was working as a business analyst in an IT consulting firm and making a higher income than each of my parents: a university math professor and a high-ish-level federal government employee with a Master’s Degree in math. (Yes, I come from numerate stock.)Read More
On my BoltBus trip back to Bellingham from Seattle this last Friday (have I mentioned my great love for mass transit? Well, it’s true, I love mass transit with Great Love), I sat next to a man about my age-ish going to LinuxFest 2017 in Bellingham. Read More
I almost never write about plain old investing. For one, pretty much everyone else already does. Then there’s the fact that it’s rather boring. Add on to that it’s oftentimes nowhere near the most important part of your financial life and BAM! no blog posts.Read More
- I have a mountain of cash. I know I should probably be doing something better with it. But what?
- Pay Attention to Your Spending on Amazon
- You Just Received an Inheritance or Other Windfall. NOW What Should You Do?
- I’m 30 (or 25, or 45). How Much Money Should I Have?
- Choose Reasonable Investments by Following 3 Simple Rules