You have to make decisions all the time that affect your financial future. Open enrollment for employee benefits in November. End-of-year tax decisions. What to do with a bonus or Restricted Stock Units that are about to vest. All these decisions matter, and they can be overwhelming. Especially on top of all the other decisions you make for your family and your career. How do you know if you’re making the right decision? Are you afraid you’re missing opportunities? Do you even know what your finances look like now, let alone the how each new decision will affect them?
How Does It Work?
We start by figuring out your current financial life, a snapshot that clarifies for you how you’re doing now and what sort of financial future you’re currently moving towards. Then we start making plans for the future. What do you want out of your life? For yourself? For your family? For your community? We identify and prioritize specific strategies you can use to make progress towards your goals.
Our ongoing relationship means that I am here to help you implement any of the decisions we make, explain or advise on financial decisions as they arise (far too often, it seems), give you a broader perspective on your financial concerns, and truly collaborate with you throughout the year to make sure you continue making progress towards the life you want.
Still wondering what it might be like to work with me? Read about why I practice the way I do.
Do you want to know more about what decisions I can help you with? You might be surprised.
What You Can Expect From Me:
- Unlimited access to guidance and education on the financial questions facing you.
- 3 to 4 meetings up front to craft the initial plan. This initial plan summarizes your goals and net worth, provides a SWOT analysis (my favorite!), and provides a a short list of specific, targeted recommendations to get you started.
- A financial planning summary, updated at least annually, shows the progress you've made towards your goals, in addressing the risks in your life, and in expanding your possibilities.
- Quarterly meetings (if you want)
- Regular emails (and the occasional card!) to keep on top of and celebrate your life
- Reminders about actions we’ve agreed to take, to help keep you on track
- Secure, simple, online access to all your financial planning information
- Quarterly client newsletter
What I Expect From You:
This process is a collaboration. New information and new decisions will always pop up, and we need to adjust to them. So, I will expect you to reach out to me when life changes or when you have questions or concerns
I work virtually, so we conduct all our meetings online or on the phone (unless you happen to live near Bellingham, WA. It’s beautiful up here!) and at your convenience.
Cost: $1500-$4000, depending on the complexity of your situation, for the initial comprehensive plan, payable upon delivery. Then an annual fee, paid monthly, of $150-$350/mo, again depending on complexity.
I also offer a stand-alone, one-time comprehensive financial plan. The cost for that is $2000-4500, depending on complexity.
Are your investments tailored to your needs as well?
I also provide Investment Supervisory services for your investment and retirement accounts, including your 401(k) and college savings plans. Because I believe good investing can only be built on the foundation of a well crafted financial plan, investment supervisory services are available only to financial planning clients.