‘Tis the day after Christmas, and although I’m writing this before Christmas, I’ve been through enough Christmases to know how it feels to look around the chaotic living room and wonder “did I really need to buy All This Stuff?” (times 10 if you have children)
Are you early-to-mid-career with bigger career aspirations? Is it cold and dark (and maybe even rainy) where you live, too, and you’re looking for indoors entertainment? Well then, pull up the easy chair, heat up a mug of hot cocoa, and read these two recent books:Read More
I have a full roster of roles in my life as a mother: Keeper of cleanliness, provider of nourishment, principal cheerer-upper, fixer of boo-boos, birthday party planner, and organizer-in-chief. Some of these things I like to do, cooking principally, and others I do because they need to get done. Cleaning – I’m talking to you. Read More
- Tricks (Witting or Not) that Investment Advisors Play
- You have lots of private-company stock. Should you sell it on a private secondary market?
- Confessions of a Comprehensive Financial Planner
- Just pick an easy way to give to charity and go. Think about taxes later.
- Maybe you’re better off giving your money to causes you care about, and not focusing on tax-deductibility.