Even though you get paid well in the tech industry–in both dollars and company stock–there’s another part of your total compensation that you should probably pay more attention to: employee benefits.
It’s good to have Restricted Stock Units, even if you don’t know exactly how they work. But that lack of understanding can be intimidating and paralyzing, and we end up just floating along, letting the RSUs “happen” to us, instead of making sure we’re getting the most out of them. It’s a metaphor for life, really.Read More
If you’re anything like my husband (smart, tech savvy, but jaded about the financial industry and utterly uninterested in the nuts and bolts of personal finance), Employee Stock Purchase Plans (ESPPs) might strike you as unnecessarily complicated and surely they must be trying to trick you, right?
I work with women in tech. Yes, I might talk with one woman about how to invest her 401(k) or another about what to do with her stock options. But I find the one topic that comes up with just about every woman I talk to: Read More
- Retirement is so far away it isn’t real. How can you make sure you’re still saving enough? (Video)
- The Curious Math of Roth 401(k)s: You Can Save More Than If You Use a Pre-Tax 401(k)
- The Not-So-Obvious Benefits of Using a Financial Planner
- Pay Attention to Your Employee Benefits. They Can Be More Important Than Your Salary.
- Why should I hire a professional to manage my money?