One of the most wonderful parts of being a personal financial planner is that I get to see inside the lives and heads (and neuroses…of which I have my fair share, too) of lots of people. My clients share a touching amount of their lives with me. I try quite hard, indeed, to cultivate a relationship and environment in which people feel comfortable doing that. I believe the fleece jacket goes a long way.Read More
Things I learned at Grace Hopper this year:
- I cannot do basic arithmetic while standing in front of an audience of 200 people. 100 x 1000 really should be doable.
- Yes there is a wrong way to hold the slide clicker, Mr. “You can’t mess it up” A/V guy. Just Watch Me.
Let’s just get this out of the way at the beginning: There is no one right way to combine finances with your romantic partner. The “right” way differs from couple to couple…and over time for the same couple!
You cannot cruise the internet without tripping over articles about the partial government shutdown and the increasingly horrible effects it’s having on many government workers and their finances and their psyches.
If you have a yoga practice, you probably know the importance of having a strong, rooted foundation so that the rest of your body can “fly,” both joyfully and safely. Turns out, personal finances work the same way.Read More
- What Is a Backdoor Roth IRA (Contribution)? Should I Do it? How Do I Do It?
- I Just Received My Open Enrollment Benefits Booklet. Am I Actually Supposed to Read This Thing?
- Meg’s Musings: Your Spending Doesn’t Affect Just You.
- Should I withhold 22% or 37% on my RSUs when my company goes public?
- Maybe want to have kids some day? Start thinking about your fertility now. No, it’s not too early.