In tech, it is possible that you can turn into a (multi-)millionaire overnight. And that can be a really confusing change if you’re accustomed to being a well-paid worker bee with an assumption of working kind of indefinitely. Read More
When you get a job offer, or a raise, or a bonus, you’re probably simply told that you’ll be receiving more restricted stock units or more stock options as part of that compensation package. But on occasion folks are given the choice: Do you want RSUs or stock options?
I bet you spend almost all your work time doing the job you’re paid to do. But what if you were running a business (You) selling a product (your labor) to customers (employers)? How would you work on your business?
Changing your behavior is essential to accomplishing anything great in your life, right? Skip your traditional Sunday brunch so you can train more for that triathlon. Study every night instead of hanging with friends so you can get an MBA.
And when you start working on your personal finances, you’re going to be asked to change your behavior, at least in some small way.
A lot of my clients fret over a large one-time expense–a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, a huge home remodel, a fancy electric car–and waste much less angst on their monthly expenses. Turns out, they’ve got it backwards.
- It’s 20 (40) years until I retire! How do I save and invest for the between-now-and-then? (Video)
- Report from the Women-in-Tech Front (a.k.a. GHC19)
- Are You Waiting for the Uber Lockup to Expire? The Logistical Details You Need to Implement Your Strategy.
- Are You Waiting for the Uber Lockup to Expire? Here’s How You Can Prepare.
- Okay, I’ve tracked my spending. But how do I make sense of the data?