Are you already saving at least 15% for retirement, and you’ve already built your emergency fund up to cover 6 months of basic expenses, and you still have extra money to save? This is a great opportunity for a taxable investment account, also called a brokerage account.
It’s good to have Restricted Stock Units, even if you don’t know exactly how they work. But that lack of understanding can be intimidating and paralyzing, and we end up just floating along, letting the RSUs “happen” to us, instead of making sure we’re getting the most out of them. It’s a metaphor for life, really.Read More
I frequently talk about how important it is for you to build up a professional network. Cultivate an Old Girls’ Club. Spend time and money to improve your career skills and connections. In fact, it’s kind of my “thing.”Read More
I almost never write about plain old investing. For one, pretty much everyone else already does. Then there’s the fact that it’s rather boring. Add on to that it’s oftentimes nowhere near the most important part of your financial life and BAM! no blog posts.Read More
- Maybe want to have kids some day? Start thinking about your fertility now. No, it’s not too early.
- Your Company Is Going Public. The Power of a Good Question. Or 5.
- Have NSOs in a public company? How “leverage” helps you decide when to exercise them.
- This time with feeling: Keep your investing simple to get better returns.
- Is your take-home pay too tiny to live on? That’s okay! We can make it work.