When you hear “prenup,” what do you think of? If you’re like me, it’s a vision an old rich white guy trying to take advantage of a less powerful, younger wife. Or possibly the idea that you’re planning for your marriage to fail. But it turns out, I’ve been rather narrow in my thinking about prenups.Read More
If you work in tech, you’re more likely than most to lose your job at some point (maybe a very soon point! maybe not). Which makes an emergency fund even more important for you than the Average Jane. Read More
It’s good to have Restricted Stock Units, even if you don’t know exactly how they work. But that lack of understanding can be intimidating and paralyzing, and we end up just floating along, letting the RSUs “happen” to us, instead of making sure we’re getting the most out of them. It’s a metaphor for life, really.Read More
- My company doesn’t match my 401(k) contributions (or it’s a very small match). Should I still use my 401(k)?
- Before You Invest Your Money, Make Sure You Understand What You’re Investing In
- Changing your financial behavior is hard. Leverage your community!
- A Tesla won’t scotch your financial prospects. Your recurring expenses will.
- Life and Financial Lessons from Two Years of Flow