I think it is not controversial to say that the lives of 20-, 30-, and 40-somethings change all the time. A new job. Moving. Getting married. Having kids. Another new job. Moving in together. Breaking up. Going back to school. Getting married. Another new job.
And sometimes you might want to Change Everything At The Same Time.Read More
When you hear “prenup,” what do you think of? If you’re like me, it’s a vision an old rich white guy trying to take advantage of a less powerful, younger wife. Or possibly the idea that you’re planning for your marriage to fail. But it turns out, I’ve been rather narrow in my thinking about prenups.Read More
If you work in tech, you’re more likely than most to lose your job at some point (maybe a very soon point! maybe not). Which makes an emergency fund even more important for you than the Average Jane. Read More
It’s good to have Restricted Stock Units, even if you don’t know exactly how they work. But that lack of understanding can be intimidating and paralyzing, and we end up just floating along, letting the RSUs “happen” to us, instead of making sure we’re getting the most out of them. It’s a metaphor for life, really.Read More
- What? You mean my 401(k) can go DOWN? Well, I never…
- You really really want to do [fill in Your Thing here]. Are you simply waiting for permission? (Video)
- Anatomy of an Awesome 401(k). How Does Yours Compare?
- Uber’s Going IPO! What Do I Do?! Will I Be Rich? Ahhhh!
- Your HSA Is Better than Your 401(k) for Retirement Savings. Don’t Waste it on Actual Health Care Costs.