If you’re a woman in tech, you’re likely interested in Socially Responsible Investing. You’re affluent, highly educated, and female. The exact demographics most interested in SRI. Which is to say, my clients.Read More
If you’re anything like my husband (smart, tech savvy, but jaded about the financial industry and utterly uninterested in the nuts and bolts of personal finance), Employee Stock Purchase Plans (ESPPs) might strike you as unnecessarily complicated and surely they must be trying to trick you, right?
I recently read the book Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, by Greg McKeown. To vastly simplify it: time is a finite resource, spend it well. As I read it, I was struck by how this book’s philosophy and recommendations translate darn near exactly into effective financial planning. Read More
- Your paystub can be very informative. And also wrong. When’s the last time you double-checked yours?
- Do you love your yoga practice? You can apply it to your finances.
- Emergency funds. Yes, they’re boring. But do you actually have one that’s big enough?
- What? You mean my 401(k) can go DOWN? Well, I never…
- You really really want to do [fill in Your Thing here]. Are you simply waiting for permission? (Video)