Hopefully you’ve figured out the basics of your 401(k). Maybe you’ve even figured out whether or not you should contribute to your Roth 401(k). But are you ready for The Next Level in 401(k)?
Should you contribute after-tax money to your 401(k)?Read More
Are you already saving at least 15% for retirement, and you’ve already built your emergency fund up to cover 6 months of basic expenses, and you still have extra money to save? This is a great opportunity for a taxable investment account, also called a brokerage account.
Congratulations! You’ve got a job offer! And not only did you get an offer, but the wooing company promises to give you a big fat check on Day 1 to show you how much they care. Yes, the famed Signing Bonus.Read More
It’s good to have Restricted Stock Units, even if you don’t know exactly how they work. But that lack of understanding can be intimidating and paralyzing, and we end up just floating along, letting the RSUs “happen” to us, instead of making sure we’re getting the most out of them. It’s a metaphor for life, really.Read More
I’m doing my taxes now, and I am just so DONE. I don’t know if I’m doing them right or leaving money on the table. It just makes me realize that I don’t understand my finances as well as I want to.Read More
- You have limited time and energy to work on finances. Don’t waste it. (Video)
- What should women in tech take away from the FIRE movement?
- My Takeaways from #GHC18. And Yes They’re All About Money.
- When You Make a Financial Choice, What’s Motivating It? Something Truly You or External Factors?
- You Have RSUs in Your Private Company. How Do They Work? How Should You Use Them?