Are you already saving at least 15% for retirement, and you’ve already built your emergency fund up to cover 6 months of basic expenses, and you still have extra money to save? This is a great opportunity for a taxable investment account, also called a brokerage account.
Congratulations! You’ve got a job offer! And not only did you get an offer, but the wooing company promises to give you a big fat check on Day 1 to show you how much they care. Yes, the famed Signing Bonus.Read More
It’s good to have Restricted Stock Units, even if you don’t know exactly how they work. But that lack of understanding can be intimidating and paralyzing, and we end up just floating along, letting the RSUs “happen” to us, instead of making sure we’re getting the most out of them. It’s a metaphor for life, really.Read More
I’m doing my taxes now, and I am just so DONE. I don’t know if I’m doing them right or leaving money on the table. It just makes me realize that I don’t understand my finances as well as I want to.Read More
- Buying a Home. If It Isn’t a “Hell Yes,” Maybe It’s a No?
- It’s the 90th anniversary of the Crash of 1929. Are you ready for the next market crash?
- It’s 20 (40) years until I retire! How do I save and invest for the between-now-and-then? (Video)
- Report from the Women-in-Tech Front (a.k.a. GHC19)
- Are You Waiting for the Uber Lockup to Expire? The Logistical Details You Need to Implement Your Strategy.