Within two years of graduating college in 1998, I was working as a business analyst in an IT consulting firm and making a higher income than each of my parents: a university math professor and a high-ish-level federal government employee with a Master’s Degree in math. (Yes, I come from numerate stock.)Read More
On my BoltBus trip back to Bellingham from Seattle this last Friday (have I mentioned my great love for mass transit? Well, it’s true, I love mass transit with Great Love), I sat next to a man about my age-ish going to LinuxFest 2017 in Bellingham. Read More
- Retirement is so far away it isn’t real. How can you make sure you’re still saving enough? (Video)
- The Curious Math of Roth 401(k)s: You Can Save More Than If You Use a Pre-Tax 401(k)
- The Not-So-Obvious Benefits of Using a Financial Planner
- Pay Attention to Your Employee Benefits. They Can Be More Important Than Your Salary.
- Why should I hire a professional to manage my money?