We’re pretty good at saving for the long term (retirement). We have our 401(k)s and IRAs. We’re pretty good at saving for now. We have cash in our bank accounts. But what do we do for the *decades* between now and retirement? How do we save and invest for that?
Things I learned at Grace Hopper this year:
- I cannot do basic arithmetic while standing in front of an audience of 200 people. 100 x 1000 really should be doable.
- Yes there is a wrong way to hold the slide clicker, Mr. “You can’t mess it up” A/V guy. Just Watch Me.
It’s easy to think that if you make a lot of money, your financial life should be easy. But if you’re anxious, you have every reason to be! Finances in tech are straight up complicated. And the risks of loss or lost opportunity are real.
- It’s 20 (40) years until I retire! How do I save and invest for the between-now-and-then? (Video)
- Report from the Women-in-Tech Front (a.k.a. GHC19)
- Are You Waiting for the Uber Lockup to Expire? The Logistical Details You Need to Implement Your Strategy.
- Are You Waiting for the Uber Lockup to Expire? Here’s How You Can Prepare.
- Okay, I’ve tracked my spending. But how do I make sense of the data?