Are you already saving at least 15% for retirement, and you’ve already built your emergency fund up to cover 6 months of basic expenses, and you still have extra money to save? This is a great opportunity for a taxable investment account, also called a brokerage account.
It’s good to have Restricted Stock Units, even if you don’t know exactly how they work. But that lack of understanding can be intimidating and paralyzing, and we end up just floating along, letting the RSUs “happen” to us, instead of making sure we’re getting the most out of them. It’s a metaphor for life, really.Read More
I frequently talk about how important it is for you to build up a professional network. Cultivate an Old Girls’ Club. Spend time and money to improve your career skills and connections. In fact, it’s kind of my “thing.”Read More
I almost never write about plain old investing. For one, pretty much everyone else already does. Then there’s the fact that it’s rather boring. Add on to that it’s oftentimes nowhere near the most important part of your financial life and BAM! no blog posts.Read More
- Buying a Home. If It Isn’t a “Hell Yes,” Maybe It’s a No?
- It’s the 90th anniversary of the Crash of 1929. Are you ready for the next market crash?
- It’s 20 (40) years until I retire! How do I save and invest for the between-now-and-then? (Video)
- Report from the Women-in-Tech Front (a.k.a. GHC19)
- Are You Waiting for the Uber Lockup to Expire? The Logistical Details You Need to Implement Your Strategy.