Are you already saving at least 15% for retirement, and you’ve already built your emergency fund up to cover 6 months of basic expenses, and you still have extra money to save? This is a great opportunity for a taxable investment account, also called a brokerage account.
It’s good to have Restricted Stock Units, even if you don’t know exactly how they work. But that lack of understanding can be intimidating and paralyzing, and we end up just floating along, letting the RSUs “happen” to us, instead of making sure we’re getting the most out of them. It’s a metaphor for life, really.Read More
I frequently talk about how important it is for you to build up a professional network. Cultivate an Old Girls’ Club. Spend time and money to improve your career skills and connections. In fact, it’s kind of my “thing.”Read More
I almost never write about plain old investing. For one, pretty much everyone else already does. Then there’s the fact that it’s rather boring. Add on to that it’s oftentimes nowhere near the most important part of your financial life and BAM! no blog posts.Read More
- Your paystub can be very informative. And also wrong. When’s the last time you double-checked yours?
- Do you love your yoga practice? You can apply it to your finances.
- Emergency funds. Yes, they’re boring. But do you actually have one that’s big enough?
- What? You mean my 401(k) can go DOWN? Well, I never…
- You really really want to do [fill in Your Thing here]. Are you simply waiting for permission? (Video)