Dude. I’m sorry. No bones about it, being laid off sucks and feels rotten. And possibly you feel compelled to do something, anything to improve the situation. But what should you do in the 24 hours immediately after being laid off or fired?Read More
Are you already saving at least 15% for retirement, and you’ve already built your emergency fund up to cover 6 months of basic expenses, and you still have extra money to save? This is a great opportunity for a taxable investment account, also called a brokerage account.
Congratulations! You’ve got a job offer! And not only did you get an offer, but the wooing company promises to give you a big fat check on Day 1 to show you how much they care. Yes, the famed Signing Bonus.Read More
When you hear “prenup,” what do you think of? If you’re like me, it’s a vision an old rich white guy trying to take advantage of a less powerful, younger wife. Or possibly the idea that you’re planning for your marriage to fail. But it turns out, I’ve been rather narrow in my thinking about prenups.Read More
- Do You Control Your Money? Or Does Your Money Control You? (Video)
- You Just Got Laid Off. What Should You Do Now? The First 24 Hours.
- Now You or Future You: Which One Are You Planning For?
- Financial Considerations If You Want to Go Freelance or Become a Consultant
- Why You Should Invest Outside of Your 401(k)
- Charitable Giving for Tech Employees…Take Advantage of Your Unique Opportunities. on
- Looking for a Financial Planner: The Great Unknown on
- What drives people to reach out to me? and other lessons for you and me alike from my first few months in business. on
- My company hit it big! What do I do with all this stock? on
- What Does Career Success Look Like in Actual Dollars? on