It can be terrifying to lose a job. Love or hate our job, the majority of us value security, especially when it comes in the economic form. But nothing in life is certain, and while there are fears that exist with the unknown, this disruption has the potential to transform your day job drudgery into a life you love.
Dude. I’m sorry. No bones about it, being laid off sucks and feels rotten. And possibly you feel compelled to do something, anything to improve the situation. But what should you do in the 24 hours immediately after being laid off or fired?Read More
Are you already saving at least 15% for retirement, and you’ve already built your emergency fund up to cover 6 months of basic expenses, and you still have extra money to save? This is a great opportunity for a taxable investment account, also called a brokerage account.
- Are You “Bad at Finances”? Pshaw! (Video)
- Career Lessons for Women in Tech from the Grace Hopper Conference
- Investing in Individual Stocks is Cheap and Easy. And Dangerous.
- You Just Got Laid Off. What Should You Do Now? The First Two Weeks.
- You Just Got Laid Off. What Should You Do Now? Career Edition.
- Charitable Giving for Tech Employees…Take Advantage of Your Unique Opportunities. on
- Looking for a Financial Planner: The Great Unknown on
- What drives people to reach out to me? and other lessons for you and me alike from my first few months in business. on
- My company hit it big! What do I do with all this stock? on
- What Does Career Success Look Like in Actual Dollars? on