Even though you get paid well in the tech industry–in both dollars and company stock–there’s another part of your total compensation that you should probably pay more attention to: employee benefits.
Do you have a goodly amount of money, but it’s all sitting in cash? Maybe you’ve gone so far as to put it into a high-yield online account, but still, it’s making at most 1.5% interest each year?
- Uber’s Going IPO! What Do I Do?! Will I Be Rich? Ahhhh!
- Your HSA Is Better than Your 401(k) for Retirement Savings. Don’t Waste it on Actual Health Care Costs.
- Don’t Get Trapped by the “Benevolent Dictatorship” of Tech Employers
- I own a ton of company stock. I’m supposed to be doing something with it, right? Right?
- What a yoga practice can teach you about building strong personal finances (Video)