You’ve got gobs of stock or options in Airbnb. Or Palantir. Or some other valuable but private company. The money is So Close. You can almost feel it. And yet, you can’t. ‘Cause your company is private. Oh, the torture.
- Tricks (Witting or Not) that Investment Advisors Play
- You have lots of private-company stock. Should you sell it on a private secondary market?
- Confessions of a Comprehensive Financial Planner
- Just pick an easy way to give to charity and go. Think about taxes later.
- Maybe you’re better off giving your money to causes you care about, and not focusing on tax-deductibility.