When you work at a private company, you might dream about your company going IPO one day, and all your company stock turning into riches. If you’re reading this post, I imagine you are now contending with one of the other ways to turn private-company stock into grocery money: a tender offer.
Have you been waiting a Very Long Time for Airbnb to go public? Did you get all excited back in September of last year when Airbnb announced that it would go public in 2020? Are you beginning to wonder if it will ever happen? All that lovely stock, all those beautiful RSUs, all those tempting stock options…when will they turn into MONEY?!
You’ve got gobs of stock or options in Airbnb. Or Palantir. Or some other valuable but private company. The money is So Close. You can almost feel it. And yet, you can’t. ‘Cause your company is private. Oh, the torture.
- Are you in a committed, but unmarried, partnership? You need to think about a few things.
- Meg’s Musings: The Unknown
- Reasonable but Arbitrary: The Best You Can Do with Many Financial Decisions.
- Airbnb Is Going Public. What Should I Do with My Stock Options?
- Airbnb Is Going Public. What Should I Do with my RSUs?