You work for a public company. Your RSUs are continuing to vest. The stock market and, more importantly, your company stock have dropped a lot in price. Even if you’ve been comfortably following a strategy with your RSUs, are you feeling a wee bit less certain about the strategy right now?
Presumably you have been consuming a lot of media about the coronavirus and the recent stock-market drop. Over the last two weeks, the financial media has been bleeding and leading, so I thought a less hysterical commentary on at least the stock-market part might be helpful.
You’ve got gobs of stock or options in Airbnb. Or Palantir. Or some other valuable but private company. The money is So Close. You can almost feel it. And yet, you can’t. ‘Cause your company is private. Oh, the torture.
- What Should I Do with My Vesting RSUs, Now that the Stock Market Is Tanking?
- Meg’s Musings: Coronavirus Edition
- Yes, vetting a financial planner is still entirely on you. Sorry. Here are some questions that can help.
- Stock market. Coronavirus. Do you feel a wee bit anxious? Find comfort in numbers (and double entendres!).
- Tricks (Witting or Not) that Investment Advisors Play