You work for a public company. Your RSUs are continuing to vest. The stock market and, more importantly, your company stock have dropped a lot in price. Even if you’ve been comfortably following a strategy with your RSUs, are you feeling a wee bit less certain about the strategy right now?
Presumably you have been consuming a lot of media about the coronavirus and the recent stock-market drop. Over the last two weeks, the financial media has been bleeding and leading, so I thought a less hysterical commentary on at least the stock-market part might be helpful.
You’ve got gobs of stock or options in Airbnb. Or Palantir. Or some other valuable but private company. The money is So Close. You can almost feel it. And yet, you can’t. ‘Cause your company is private. Oh, the torture.
- Reasonable but Arbitrary: The Best You Can Do with Many Financial Decisions.
- Airbnb Is Going Public. What Should I Do with My Stock Options?
- Airbnb Is Going Public. What Should I Do with my RSUs?
- Airbnb Is Going Public. What a Good Time to Give Away Your Money.
- Airbnb Is Going Public. Time to Create a (Flexible) Strategy.