It can be terrifying to lose a job. Love or hate our job, the majority of us value security, especially when it comes in the economic form. But nothing in life is certain, and while there are fears that exist with the unknown, this disruption has the potential to transform your day job drudgery into a life you love.
Dude. I’m sorry. No bones about it, being laid off sucks and feels rotten. And possibly you feel compelled to do something, anything to improve the situation. But what should you do in the 24 hours immediately after being laid off or fired?Read More
Are you already saving at least 15% for retirement, and you’ve already built your emergency fund up to cover 6 months of basic expenses, and you still have extra money to save? This is a great opportunity for a taxable investment account, also called a brokerage account.
Congratulations! You’ve got a job offer! And not only did you get an offer, but the wooing company promises to give you a big fat check on Day 1 to show you how much they care. Yes, the famed Signing Bonus.Read More
When you hear “prenup,” what do you think of? If you’re like me, it’s a vision an old rich white guy trying to take advantage of a less powerful, younger wife. Or possibly the idea that you’re planning for your marriage to fail. But it turns out, I’ve been rather narrow in my thinking about prenups.Read More
- You Have RSUs in Your Private Company. How Do They Work? How Should You Use Them?
- You’re Optimistic about Yourself. But Not about the World Around You. What Should You Do? (Video)
- Did You Just Come in to a Whole Lot of Money, and, uh, What Next?
- Do You Want to Radically Change Your Life, and You’re a Bit Scared to Do It?
- Should You Ask for RSUs or Stock Options?