Over many blog posts and over many conversations with clients and colleagues, I’ve trotted out a few different ways of framing and understanding RSUs. I never know what framing is going to hit home, so I thought I’d gather them all into one post. Maybe one thing I write below will finally make you go, “Oooooohhhhh! That’s how they work.” A gal can hope.
Do you ever feel that your cash flow should be easier to get a hold of? You should be able to automate it? Not have to think about it so much? Not have to move money around with your delicate hands so often?
I want to paint walls something other than Sherwin Williams Pure White SW 7005. I want to plant a garden and not have to leave it after just a few years. I want a better kitchen! I want to buy a home!
A lot of my clients fret over a large one-time expense–a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, a huge home remodel, a fancy electric car–and waste much less angst on their monthly expenses. Turns out, they’ve got it backwards.
- Reasonable but Arbitrary: The Best You Can Do with Many Financial Decisions.
- Airbnb Is Going Public. What Should I Do with My Stock Options?
- Airbnb Is Going Public. What Should I Do with my RSUs?
- Airbnb Is Going Public. What a Good Time to Give Away Your Money.
- Airbnb Is Going Public. Time to Create a (Flexible) Strategy.